|Name:||Classic Cup 1st June 2014|
|Check-in open:||2014-06-01 18:30|
|Check-in close:||2014-06-01 19:00|
|Tournament start:||2014-06-01 19:00|
|Tournament end:||2014-06-01 23:00|
Note: all times are stated in central european time (CET)!
|DM4||The Bad Place|
|DM6||The Dark Zone|
Points system not yet set.
01. IntroductionRefragged Classic Cup is an online QuakeWorld 1on1 deathmatch competition. The tournaments first goal is to provide opportunities for activity for players in the QuakeWorld realm.
02. RegistrationThe tournament is open for all European QuakeWorld players. However, non-European players are free to sign up as long as they play their matches in Europe.
Players of any skill level are allowed to enter; from the complete rookie to the real veterans.
03. ClientsAllowed clients
- ezQuake (>= 2.1)
- FodQuake (>= 0.2)
- FTEQW (>= 1.00)
Standard QWCL, mqwcl and FuhQuake are no longer valid for competition play.
The allowed proxies are Qizmo 2.91 and the latest QWfwd.
- ezQuake: smackdown
- FodQuake: eql
- FTEQW: nqr
Players are required to do f_ruleset checks before game start.
Using disallowed clients/proxies/rulesets will lead to a disqualification.
04. Game settingsNote: typing "1on1" in the console when on a server will trigger the settings below.
Timelimit 10 minutes.
Overtime 3 minutes.
Ktx2 spawns. (unless both players agree on a different mode)
No berzerk, midair, instagib or other unusual modes.
05. MapsThe allowed maps can be viewed in the tournament information section at the top of this page.
A match is played in a best of three maps series. The players choose one map each. If the players can't agree on whose map to play first, it shall be randomised.
If the game is a draw after two maps then the third map is chosen by tossing two of the remaining maps in the map pool. The player who starts tossing is the one whose map was played first in the series.
06. Cheating/Whining/ScriptsDisconnecting voluntarily during a tournament match means a straight walkover.
No unnecessary whining.
Lame people will be treated lame, nice people will be treated nice.
Any kind of idling or lameness will not be tolerated.
Players who cheat, or try to cheat will get a permanent ban from the Refragged site.
Scripts are not allowed in the tournament. Make sure to check that your opponent has them turned off before starting to play.
07. Reporting matchesThe winner of the game reports the match results as soon as possible using the 'Report Match' function on the website. If the winner somehow can't provide a match report the other player will get permission to do it.
The match report shall be completed with:
- Match log (located in /quake/qw/matchinfo/logs/)
08. ServersSince there are players representing many different nations in the tournament, be prepared to play with higher ping than you're used to.
In general the game can be played on any server both players agree to play on. The admins insist that the players' server choice is done with common sense and that pings are kept as low as possible.
A list of servers can be found on www.quakeservers.net. We urge players to use good sportsmanship and show patience when selecting a server to play on and simply try to agree on a server that is acceptable to both players. If players still can't agree on a server, please contact admins about it. Admin decision is final.